INTRO TO QUILTING
MAKE YOUR FIRST QUILT
Have you ever thoughts of making a memory quilt for your kid but don't know where to start? Let us show you the ropes in our Intro to Quilting class and we will make a log cabin cushion cover.
What will you learn?
For this session, you will need to know how to thread and operate the sewing machine. If you have no knowledge, we highly recommend joining our Intro to Sewing workshop first. During the quilting class, we will show you how to cut your fabric, piece them together and master the stitch in the ditch. You will also learn how to sew a zip for a cushion cover.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is suitable for adults who are Beginners that know how to thread a sewing machine.
What is included in the course? And what do I have to bring?
- min of 5 fat quarters Quilting Cotton to create the patchwork and border, a mix of solids and prints that you like together
- half a metre of fabric for backing
- half a metre of Cotton Blend Batting
- 50cm long zip
- rotary cutter, cutting mat and quilting ruler
We can provide you with thread (white, grey or navy), any other colour, please bring a spool along. The remaining supplies can be found at our friends in Classic Quilts.
- knows how to thread a sewing machine
Class Length: 2 x 3 hours
Price: AED 660 per person